There is a lot of evidence that the Culture of Innovation (innovative behaviors) is the primary driver of innovation in most corporations. Corporate leaders are the foundation, since the way people behave is a reflection of the leaders’ behavior. The challenge is how the leaders can build and manage such a culture, especially if starting without a well established history. Let’s have a look at a proposal on how to achieve this by building a simple and helpful tool.
Our expert in Strategy and Innovation Jay Rao, professor in Babson College, introduces in this Glance how we need to build and manage an Innovation Sandbox. This is done in five steps:
- Assemble and Assess. All innovation happens in a Community. We have to create our Innovation Community with our best explorers.
- Explore and Educate. Wander before you wonder. There is no need to reinvent the wheel. Find out which creative things already exist. Then develop a common language, a “lingua franca” to communicate and understand each other.
- Chart and Craft The Journey. Plan and create the Innovation Sandbox by charting the journey. Find champions or mentors who understand the importance of innovation and provide resources to the existing talent in the company.
- Play and Party. You must create an innovation mindset and innovation behaviors. And remember, you need to celebrate failures, because innovation is all about learning.
- Sail and Scale. Then grow and expand your innovation sandbox as you learn. Give everybody a chance. To help develop the innovation leaders, rotate people through the innovation sandbox.
Innovation is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the journey!
We want to thank our friends at Thinking Heads Digital for sharing their videos with all of you. You can access them via our webpage space for THD. Thank you for sharing knowledge!
To know more about us visit our website: www.dicere.es[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]